AVIC411.com

Help please....Audio problem avic-z2

Hi i purchased a referbished z2 and installed it on my 2001 chevy tahoe today. I did the 2 wire bypass but have not loaded software yet. I can push reset button and make the sound work but when i start vehicle there is no more sound. Everything else seams to work fine. I cant make sound work at all when vehivcle is running by pressing restet button i can get sound when key is in acc position. Thanks for looking, Ed

I used a wire harness for all the wires. I took out the cell mute pin and added it to the correct pin on harness 2(bottom right corner) Then i took green parking cable, and new pin(Old cell mute wire) and grounded it to black wire on harness. Could it be that i have to many wires grounded on the factory ground wire? But why would it work untill i start vehicle? Oh, after i start the vehicle and sound doesnt turn back on i have to shut off ignition and reset deck to make sound work again. Thanks for all the help so far. You guys are great.

P.S. I have not hooked up the speed senser, Nor the reverse wire. But i realy dont think that is my problem.

I dont have any extras. Unless there is a factory amp there are no extras.

The fact that you have to reset the unit leads me to believe maybe you are tripping a protection circuit in your unit. Reconfirm all connections. Especially the bypass wire. Make sure you have the right pin grounded in the correct harness. Reread the instructions. Others have grounded the wrong pin in the wrong harness.

Also, find out if you have a stock amp in between your unit and the speakers. Not sure on GMs but sometimes you can check the speaker lines with a 9volt battery at your harness behind your unit. If you get static, chances are those lines go straight to the speakers. If not you probably have an amp in between your headunit and the speakers. In that case you will have to find out which wire is the amp power sense wire and connect the blue/white wire to that.

After extensive research and you guys telling me its a wiring problem that is triping my protective cuircuts I found that CAR TOYS!!!!!!!!! gave me the wrong wiring harness.....I have a factory bose system and need the proper interface kit. Man o man i hope this fixes unit....I will let you guys know tomorrow after i go back to Car Toys and get the proper kit.

Thanks again, Ed