AVIC411.com

Video using Aux Video In Wavy and Hard to See

Hello.

I'm preparing to install an XBOX in my H2 with an AVIC-Z2.

I did an initial test connection yesterday using the XBOX's composite video cable to the Aux Video In on the back of the AVIC. The picture is VERY dark and VERY wavy at times.

Has anyone experienced similar issues using the Aux Video In on this unit...and if so, do you have suggestions on how to get the signal displaying properly.

NOTE: After connecting the XBOX to the AVIC and seeing the poor picture quality, I disconnected it and hooked the XBOX up to flat panel TV in my shop (using the exact same cables)...the image was clear on the flat panel. So that rules out any cable length/signal quality issues.

I haven't been able to test another video source yet...I don't have anything else in my house with composite out...that's my next troubleshooting step.

Any advise or direction would be greatly appreciated.

I've checked both items you mentioned...they did not help.

The only two items that I can think may be causing the issue:

1. The connector (or a pin in the connector) on the back of the AVIC is loose. Maybe the ground for the Video In got pulled during the cable run. Once I find an alternate composite source to test I should be able to determine this.

2. It's some kind of 'ground issue'...how did you power your XBOX? I modded a carpc power supply so I could go DC to DC and jumped power and ground off of an accessory plug in the rear cargo area.

First, I'd try to rule out faulty Z2 hardware with another video source. Camera with Video out would be easiest. If that fails too, well, there ya go.

If it's clear, then you might want to check power. I'm using a 250watt inverter. The xBox draws 74watts so pretty much anything should be able to drive it.