AVIC411.com

D3 Remote and HD Radio

I was wondering if anyone has used them, how the install was...does the HD tuner need an external antena??

When I installed the D3 in my VW there was no remote or HD radio tuner, now they are avil. I have the BT unit/Ipod connector/XM receiver

looking to add the Remote and HD Tuner...

Pioneer CD-R55 Wireless Remote for Avic-D3/4900DVD

Pioneer GEX-P10HD HD Radio Add-On Tuner

My car is torn apart, for those that like pics

IMG_0861.JPG

Well It seems no one has any experience with these things so I went looking around and researching.

The remote has been deemed useless

The HD radio unit, has flaws - but I'm gonna install it soon anyway since I will sacrifice quality for usability issues.

I have the 55 remote. I really don't see any point to it if you have the steering wheel control adapter. It doesn't do anything with the D3 beyond that.

I guess if it was your only other-than-the-screen option, then maybe.....but still kinda pointless. Play, stop, source, mute, and volume work. If you are on a screen that allows for direct number entry, they work. But the enter button doesn't, so you still have to touch the screen when you are done inputing numbers.

If you really want it, I'll ship you mine for $10.

Someone posted elsewhere that the CD-SR1 remote works with the D3, despite Pioneer not listing them as compatible. I'm tempted, as it would give me the option to answer and hang up calls without removing my dummy face plate. But I haven't tried it yet, so I can't comment much on it.

I haven't seen the HD tuner module, but I am interested. XM is a joke for me, the sound quality isn't worth the cost of the tuner, let alone the monthly fee. So let me know how the HD turns out. I think we have about 12 HD stations in town.

The one thing I don't like about the HD tuner is the interface. It is accessed as an ext source and there is just one line of text across the top of the screen that shows the radio channel and name. It will pick up HD and analog stations. You can just unplug the ant from the radio and plug it into the HD tuner but then you will not have reception with the AVIC's internal analog tuner. I recomend using an ant spliter and connect the ant to both the HD tuner and the AVIC.