AVIC411.com

confused about ipod cable/adapter

I'm a bit confused about the ipod cables available for the z series, I saw a couple on ebay, they use the ipbus connector at one end and the ipod connector at the other, but i don't see a box like pioneer's website. Will this box less cable work? Will i be able to see the titles?

At best, you're looking at a glorified AUX adaptor that feeds teh line out from the iPod's doc to the Aux on the Z2 via IP-Bus. The adaptor would have to be the last item on the IP-Bus chain, and would replace a CD changer. Control would be 100% through the iPod, and the head-unit would have to be in AUX mode. All you'll see on screen is the Head Unit's AV background and the word AUX. No charging would occur (unless it also ties in with the car's 12v system -- I've seen a few that do).

At worst, it's not really an IP-Bus connector and is instead the CD-I200 direct control cable made for special head units that support it. the plug is shaped like a square with one of the corners heavily rounded off, almost to the point that it looks like a diamond. This is not IP-Bus.