AVIC411.com

I have my Z2 installed in a 2007 GMC Sierra pickup with Bose and Onstar, using GMAHLANB interface. Everything works great except when a passenger opens their door before I do.

When I stop the truck and turn off the ignition, if the passenger opens any door (its a 4 door) before I do, the Z2 stays on for a short time usually a second or two, when it would usually shut right off. During that one or two seconds the volume starts going up to max and I'm pretty sure its because of the PESWIPS I also have installed. I had a problem with PESWIPS power that caused the volume to go high during installation, so it appears that the power to it is shutting off. PESWIPS gets its RAP from the GMLNAV not the GMAHLANB.

The fix for this problem is probably just changing the switch line for the radio to the GMLNAV, but I thought I would just post it to see if anyone else has seen this. Its just a small annoyance more than anything.

I forgot to mention that my GMAHLANB has the diode mod installed to the switch Relay. I e-mailed Peripherial about this problem and they told me to install the diode. My unit had the diode on the relay when I bought it.