AVIC411.com

Z1 escalade install trouble insight needed please PICS LOOK

Ok here is the situation. Bought a 2003 Escalade EXT w/bose. Bought Metra's GMOS-04. Wired up Z1 and 2 problems so far.

1. Z1 has to be turned up to 40 to be not loud at all

2. When turned up the over 32 music will fade from front to back.

I dont need onstar so if i have to i will replace all speakers and get the regular wiring harness and rewire speakers if nessecary.

Also the Z1 faces the driver more due to the way cadillac designed the dash, so I want to put a D3 in a custom bezel on lower dash where the 6 disc in dash changer and clock was. Then hook up D3 to Z1 using av input. This will allow Ipod video and be able to watch tv and have a nav screen at the same time. The Z1 will be the master unit as far as volume.

Thanks for any help

the Z1 comes with a trim ring to fill in the gap.

I would bypass the factory amp and get a 4 channel amp should fix your problems with the fade.

as for the D3 to the Z1 not sure i would just run and external dvd with a screen . you can play your ipod through that.

I used my D3 trim bezel. Now I need another bezel for my D3. Anyone who has a unused bezel I will be willing to pay top dollar for it. I need it ASAP. I can pay thru paypal money order ect... I got the Z1 looking nice. But I do want to move the Z1 to lower cosole and put D3 uptop. I did a similiar setup in a denali with 2 D3's and it works nice. I will just replace door speakers, or if anyone can give me steps to bypass the factory amp, and add a 4 channel. I think the Cadillac spakers use data right?

I dont really want the GMOS-4 connected its not loud.

I dont want onstar connected in my truck.

I dont care about the chimes

How can I use a regular wiring harness and get sound without replacing door speakers.

If anyone can send me detailed instructions I will pay for your time and effort. Thanks

i want to do this fix asap so anyone who knows how to do this could help me fast, I would really appreciate it and I will compisate you

The factory amp is under the center console bucket. You can access the plugs by removing the back of the console. The amp has inputs from the radio and the outputs are the standard GM colors; blue/lt blue, green/lt green, gray/tan, yellow/brown. Use a test tone generator to varify. Tan, lt green, brown, and dark blue are your positives. You can cut these wires loose from the amp and connect them to the speaker outputs of the avic. You will no longer have audio from on-star. I would cut the speaker wires at least 2" from the plugs on the amp so they can be reconnected if needed. You can also connect a speaker to the front speaker outputs of the amp to mantain on-star.

Thanks so much i really appreciate it. Do u think that I will need to rplace the factory speakers or will the factory bose speaks do. I dont need a thupng loud system just a nice clear sound that my avic only has to be turned up to 14 instead of 40 to hear it.

You want to find the output lines to the speakers, they should be the color listed above and usually twisted together, cut the lines between the amp and the speakers NOT between the amp and the headunit; then extend them and run them back up the headunit or i believe you can even cut both side and juss jump the amp. So basically their are lines coming from your radio into the amp, then from the amp to the speakers, cut both sides match up the lines and just twist, solder, and tape them together.

If anyone knows a good fabricator/fiberglass worker in the mid atlantic region please let me know. My truck is torn apart and waiting to be completed.

Here is some pics so some of you guys can see what I am working with here. As you can see Im gutted out and ready to go. I have to get some cutting done. I hope there is nothing behind the plastic which is circled below. There is room for single din but need clearance above to get a proper fit.

150411203_774726.gif

Create cool Profile Comments

Next is the factory amp pictured under center console. I dont want to use the amp so I have to cut some wires. people say dont cut between HU and amp, but wouldnt the amp still be connected if you dont?

150415017_1022181.gif

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Now here is the factory wood grain bezel which needs to be fabricated to mount a double Din unit i have a large piece of ABS plastic to use in place of the wood grain that comes off the piece.

150416772_864908.gif

Add Glitter to your Photos

Here is the ABS that will get cut the will be fiberglass coated then painted or airbrushed

150419084_220885.gif

Myspace Glitter Graphics

Also I dont know if others have this problem but I have to cram my Z into the dash and force the factory trim on. I cut a piece of plastic out but there is a metal brace still there. Is it safe to cut that out too???

Not to mention that the Avics wires coming out of the unit are very short.

well If you have been reading my posts i was having a lil trouble getting my truck done, but I woke up early and got it done. I took out the B.S wiring harness GMOS-4. I used a differnt harness, then rewired/bypassed my bose amp. Made a custom bezel with black suade wrap around the D3 below. I put the new Pioneer componant door speakers and tweets in the front with a 4 channel Pioneer amp. I got the new Kicker 6.5 door subwoofers in with kicker tweeters in the back doors connected to a kicker 2 channel amp. My truck is loud , clear and great bass!!! Here are some pics. I am gonna do the leather trim on my door panels, sunvisors, and headliner done in matching black suade this week. Then I will get my seats inserts done in suade by someone else. Let me know what you think of the pics of my truck so far.

151325870_641734.gif

Add Glitter to Pictures

151332298_288573.gif

Add Glitter to Pictures

151334459_922693.gif

Build your own Blingee