AVIC411.com

Im new and im having trouble installing....

I have a 05 Chrysler 300 touring and im trying to install a avic d1 as of now i just have the wiring harness that circuit city provided. I connected everything color to color and read the installation guide plenty of times but i still can not get it to turn on. The wires that i am kind of sketchy of are the two black im assuming ground wires the yellow and the blue(because its connected to the blue with white stripe, not the remote control).

Can someone please help me out i really need some help.

If i remember correctly the newer chryslers do not have a standard 12v switched accessory line, the red wire, follow the red wire from the pioneer and circuit city bought harness and see if there is a wire that matches the location on the stock harness side. Im pretty sure there isn't last time i did one i ran an accessory to the cigarette lighter.

Do you have access to a test light, or 12 volt multimeter? if yes set it to test for dc voltage, ground the black negative lead (touch it to bare metal on the car), now touch the red positive lead to the red accessory wire from the pioneer radio, if its getting power it should be reading ~12v with the car on. If it isnt that is your problem, if it does read ~12v, take that same red positive lead and test the yellow constant battery line from the pioneer; is that reading ~12?

To sum it up for the pioneer to power on you need to have three lines connected, the first and easiest is the ground this is the black wire from the pioneer harness it just need to touch bare metal or the ground from your factory harness should be enough, the second is the constant battery which is the yellow wire from your radio this needs to see a constant 12v at all times this is your memory and main power, the third is the accessory red wire, this should get 12v with the car in accessory, ignition, and running.

Im pretty sure its the accessory if you used a circuit city harness though.

the blue/white from the pioneer is your remote amp turn on, the solid blue from the circuit city harness is for power antenna so if you dont have power antenna this wire just need to be capped off or taped up.

Also some of the 300's have a factory amp, its on the left side of the steering column, easy to spot once you take off knee panel. If it has the factory amp you will need to bypass it by running the speaker lines back up to the D1, unless someone can chime in on how to integrate it in, but i find it better to just bypass it.

Rider is right, you need to either tap into a 12v switched wire somewhere under the dash or to get a harness that provides it for you. Being you have the D3 and to utilize the full potential of the unit, I recommend the second option. My opinion is that the PAC harnesses are the higher quality and easiest to use. Check them out here www.pac-audio.com.