AVIC411.com

Z1 toZ3 Upgrade/Bypass question

Hello,

I just recently upgraded from the Z1 to a Z3 by swapping the hard drive out. The Z3 hard drive had a fresh image of the Z3 on it.

Prior to swapping out, I had Ducati's flasher Bypass operational.

After the swap out, of course the flasher bypass no longer worked. I did the 2 wire bypass, as directed in other posts here, after the swap.

The two wire bypass enabled some of the functions that were not available (moving or not) immediately after the swap. But the system still does not allow me to input an address while moving. The Address Search option grays out when I start moving (as well as the other typical options).

I do get the Parking Brake warning when the system completes its boot sequence.

I have never done the blue-tooth update. I have never done the AVIC Z1 Firmware update to this unit.

Prior to dismantling my dashboard again, I was hoping to get some advice from this group on what to check. The only thing I can think of off hand is the moved MUTE wire pin may have 'pushed' out during the re-installation. That would be my first check.

Any ideas please?

Thank you.

Chip

I'm thinking it's the added wire (the cell mute wire) that you added to harness #2...that's by far the biggest culprit I've read about thus far. If you have the bluetooth update cd, then go ahead and put it in. If it's already updated on your Z3 image then you'll get a message telling you so.