AVIC411.com

D2 & GEX-P10XMT installation problem

I installed a D2 and GEX-P10XMT XM receiver this weekend in my wifes 02 Honda Accord V-6. I have two problems currently if anyone can help out it would be much appreciated.

1. The speed sensing wire I hooked up to the red wire on the PCM. The Honda tech said to hook it up to terminal 11 on connector D. I keep getting an error saying that this is not a good connection when I use the test connections button on the unit.

2. I keep getting a check antenna error for the XM. At first it did this when I tried activating the unit. After a while it started working. Then yesterday morning after we came out of the mall and got in the car it said check antenna again. I tried connecting one of my XM antennas from inside my house ot the unit and it still gives this error. Is it the receiver or did I loose my activation?

I did do the bypass and grounded the extra pin on the harness and grounded my parking brake wire. Please help, thanks.
I think since the system is new that I do have V. 1.2 And I did subscribe to the NavTraffic. I contacted the place I purchased it from and they said to send back the receiver since it sounds defective. I still have to find the VSS wire though. thanks for the input.
  • 2 weeks later...
If the speed sensor data is in question simply disconnect it. The unit will operate fine without it.

As far as check antenna error, it usually means exactly what it says. A bad antenna. I bet you have cut the insulation on the ant. wire somewhere or crimped by accident. Try a new antenna. If it was a problem with the nav traffic portion the message "xm updating" would constantly pop up on the screen.

Hope this helps.