AVIC411.com

Pac SWI-PS in 03 Escalde help needed with pics posted

Ok I tried hooking one of these up for the 1st time. It says hook up the green wire to B31, a light green wire in steering column. If you look to the left there is a light green wire. So I tapped into it, Got it to program to mode 1. Next I tried to program the volume up button. I held the vol button for 1 second after the light turned off. Next is says the program button should light up again. It doesnt thats where my programming ends. The volume up button doesnt work. I will take off the sheild from below the column tommorrow. Will a harness actually say B31? I think I seen B14 but I dont think it showed a 31. Has anyone hooked on of these up in my truck yet. I think Avalanches use the same wire location. Also on the PAc website it says pic unavailable for the wire pic. Any help would be fantastic!!! Maybe even better programming step by step info. All I want is Vol+, Vol- and Seek+, Seek- This is frustrating......... :cry::?:

i took the steering column apart and took pics. I do not see any wire or harness indicating (B31) light green wire. In fact there ar a few light green wires in different plugs. I have added stars next to all light green wires I see. Which one is correct to tap???

156444728_238971.gif

Add Glitter to your Photos

Pic #1 here is below the steering column

156449103_86061.gif

Create cool Profile Comments

Pic #2 is showing a L. greenwire defined by the arror to the left of column

156454411_813216.gif

Glitter Graphics

Pic #3 is on the left side of steering column with a few L. Green wires

156459582_539954.gif

Add Glitter to Pictures

Pic #4 is right side of column above where the key starts the truck

156461940_475078.gif

Glitter Graphics

Pic #5 shows the top and side of column with wider view

Hopefully if someone knows which wire this is I will edit this topic and leave only the pic with descriptive arrows showing the correct wire so anyone with a similiar GM will know how to do this with ease.

I still need instructions better than the pac inst. on how to program the volume and seek buttons correctly.

Ok I got the correct light green wire. You have to remove the metal shied under the steering wheel. There are four 10mm. nuts holding it on. So here is the next problem I am having. I get the swi-ps unit to set in mode 1 as directed, but when i press the program button it lights up then I push vol + button after that it does not light up to begin the next button to be programmed. Anybody had the same problem...Any solutions???

The vehicle is a 2003 Cadillac Escalade EXT

I think I figures out my problem. I took out the GMOS-04 and rewired the bose to bypass the amp. therefore i think my steering wheel buttons are now useless. I think I have a volt meter. What mode wo I set it to, and what should be tested. What readings should I expect.

Well if my buttons are useless. I will have a pac swi-ps for sale. I paid 49 dollars 4 it. Any offers will be considered. I have paypal. Thanks avic members!!!!!!!!!