AVIC411.com

Does D3 support Bluetooth profile AVRCP v1.3?

According to some sources in the internet, the AVRCP-profile's version 1.3 brings the support for transfering MP3 ID-tags over the Bluetooth.

Does D3 support this version of AVRCP-profile?

I have found some MP3-players which support this, but before buying those, I'd like to have confirmation that they work also with my D3...

It does claim to support AVRCP but doesn't mention version number (anything prior to 1.3 probably won't do it).

Here's a profile summary:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bluetooth_profile

From the Pioneer CD-BTB200 manual:

This unit is compatible with the following profiles.

— GAP (Generic Access Profile)

— SDP (Service Discovery Protocol)

— OPP (Object Push Profile)

— HSP (Head Set Profile)

— HFP (Hands Free Profile)

— A2DP (Advanced Audio Distribution Profile)

— AVRCP (Audio/Video Remote Control Profile)

Guest astrobill

FYI, the Pioneer Bluetooth doesn't correctly support some of the profiles it CLAIMS to.

For example, NOBODY can ever hear their Bluetooth-compatible cell phone's voice-dialing prompts when using the AVIC-D3's "Voice" feature.

So you can be driving down the road, push "Voice", and then be TOTALLY UNABLE to hear your phone guiding you through voice dialing. You can say "Call Dad" and not be able to answer when your phone asks you "Did you say 'Call Dave'" because Pioneer screw-d up their programming of Bluetooth.

It's part of the HVP profile, but Pioneer didn't do it right. Before I dumped my AVIC-D3 for a new Kenwood, I was resorting to my $39 Bluetooth earpiece, which worked perfectly with my Bluetooth phone, whereas the $700 AVIC-D3 couldn't handle it.

Pioneer refuses to answer any help requests on this, claiming their Bluetooth works perfectly well.