AVIC411.com

Help with 04 honda element LX

1st and foremost hello to all. this is my first post, ive just come over from a ford f150 to this awesome honda element. O.k. so lets get to the problem, i previously had the avic d3 in my truck and am now installing it in the E. I have everything connected (through help of the multiple seaches) but im having a problem with my gps, when im going forward it will travel fine fine then seconds later it shows like if im going bacck in reverse, this is drivivng me crazy because it keeps telling the head unit to to switch to reverse camera mode while im drivivng. Its drivivng me crazy, im guessing it has to do with the vss wire and reverse. I tapped the pink vss wire to the cluster wire (blue with white stripe) and reverse wire to drivers side kick panel (green with black stripe) My car is a 2004 Element LX, i really do need some help and would hate to hit up a stereo installer. As of right now i have my wires disconnected so that it does not trip the reverse camera mode. Any help would be awesome. Also one last thing I think i have the reverse on right shouldnt it altomaticly switch to reverse camera when i put the car in reverse, it doesnt it just stays on the main screen.

• 3 months later...