AVIC411.com

D3 Installation Problems - 2008 Charger

Ok gurus...

Having some trouble w/ my installation and I wanna see if there is anything else I can possibly do before I go thru the hassle of pulling everything back out and exchanging my shiny new D3 for a replacement D3.

So here goes...

I have a brand new 2008 Dodge Charger R/T w/ the 6 speaker Boston Acoustics system in it. I purchased a AVIC-D3 w/ the BlueTooth kit. After installation, the sound it flickering off and right back on approximately every 8 to 10 seconds.

I originally installed the unit via a Metra CHTO-03 wiring harness. After 2.5 hours of phone support w/ Metra, they advised me to exchange the harness. Unfortunately, all local shops were out of the Metra harness, so I ordered and recieved the PAC C2A-CHY3 harness. After installation w/ the PAC harness, the unit is doing the exact same thing. I have checked and re-checked all the wire connections. I have also done the 15m battery disconnect. All to no avail.

So, am I missing something retardedly simple, or do I really have a defective AVIC-D3 like all my friends are telling me? Thanks in advance for your help.

-Mike

I can't be of much help as my Maggie only had the 4 speaker system w/no amp.. But if it's not the D3 the only thing I can think of is that the CAN BUS system is going goofy, but sounds like it may be the D3 More than the CAN..

try getting the usb updater cable and use the metra chto-013 this is the only harness i have gotten to work properly. you have to get the harness and update it then install it. any questions i recommend talking to andy in metra's tech support he is awesome and has always come through.