AVIC411.com

N3 LCD SCREEN doesn't pop out at all?

i've searched a bit for it. I finished work, as always, i get in my car, start it.

This time, the screen just didn't pop out. when i press the button to get the screen out, it does makes the ''ping'' sound. when i press again, i doesn the ''pong'' (lol) sound it does when it usually bring it back, but nothing hapnes. i have the sound of my DVD, all the buttons are working, i can use the radio and the remote....

any idea?

thanks a lot guys!

Drizzt

• 1 month later...

Having the same problem with mine. Works great for a few days then just quits working. Reset doesnt help. I changed the ribbon with the mill spec one from eBay due to a crack. Everything else works just sometimes the screen wont come out. Pulling the battery cable seams to fix it so I am at a loss as to where to look. I just leave mine set to manual so that it just stays out. Problem solved for now. Mine is a N1

My N1 used to do the exact same thing when the weather was cold in the winter.. the screen would come out, but not flip up.. After it warmed up in the car a bit the screen would be fine.

I recently had the flex cable replaced (bypassed too) & they cleaned the system.. won't know if this happens again until next winter.