AVIC411.com

Looking for assistance near Houston, TX

Looking for someone to assist with installing the AVIC-D3 in a 2004 Chevy Trailblazer. Live near Houston, TX. Please let me know how much you would charge. I will be willing to assist as much as possible Thanks.

what exactly are you having trouble with?? installing it from start to finish, or simply bypassing it? either way save your money!

--if your looking to install it, you can buy a wiring harness for ur chevy. circuit city, best buy, places like that (or online) sell them vehicle specific, and on the wrapper it tells you wat each color wire is...simply match them up with the wires from the unit (the installation manual from the d3 tells you as well). it costs you AT MOST $20, and its very simple. plus ud be spending more if you paid some1 else to do it lol

--if your looking to just bypass the unit, look for the light green wire on the d3 harness. push it off to the side for now....then on another harness youll fid a black and yellow wire...thats the mute wire...take a pin or anything with a sharp point (ive done it with a pocket knife) and pull the pin out of that hole, and put it in the hole directly behind it....now, take the black/yellow wire and the light green wire, and take 2 T-Splices. splice the 2 wires together, leaving one longer, and then splice that longer one to the solid black wire. its much easier and much cleaner than grounding it to the vehicle.....any questions jus send a PM.

Thanks for replying CatchMeIfYouCan631 ... Looking for assistance with installing and bypassing. I've done (1) non-stock radio install, but don't trust my skills enough to open up my Trailblazer's dash . Then installing a new AVIC-D3 and having a non-professional appearance. Then attempting to do the by-pass . So debating if I have Best Buy install ... then my understanding is I would have to pull dash panels [again] to do the bypass. I do I.T. for a living os have some technical skills ... its more of the mechanical part of taking dash apart - getting the D3 installed correctly - etc.

Thanks for replying CatchMeIfYouCan631 ... Looking for assistance with installing and bypassing. I've done (1) non-stock radio install, but don't trust my skills enough to open up my Trailblazer's dash . Then installing a new AVIC-D3 and having a non-professional appearance. Then attempting to do the by-pass . So debating if I have Best Buy install ... then my understanding is I would have to pull dash panels [again] to do the bypass. I do I.T. for a living os have some technical skills ... its more of the mechanical part of taking dash apart - getting the D3 installed correctly - etc.

i know how you feel...unless you know beforehand how it comes apart it always seems harder than when it really is...all the screws and clips are mean to be out of sight. personally i cant help you do that because im in NY, but heres 2 things i found that may assist you in the removal if you decide to DIY:

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_do_you_re ... railblazer

http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/t586456.html

see, the thing about best buy and circuit city is, yes the installers all have degrees in auto-electronics, but they get alot of cars in on a daily basis...they dont take their time which means they half-ass it. thats the great thing about doing it yourself, its your car, your radio so youll do a much better job than they would. but anyways, bets of luck to you whichever way you decide to go with it.

• 2 weeks later...