AVIC411.com

New install: Several problems

it sounds like ur connection status is bad..goto menu -> system -> hardware -> connection status and see.

I have 1-2 bars and the connection says "OK"... and I usually have all satellites lit up. Occasionally I get one sat darkened out but usually it's all of them.

it sounds like ur connection status is bad..goto menu -> system -> hardware -> connection status and see.

I have 1-2 bars and the connection says "OK"... and I usually have all satellites lit up. Occasionally I get one sat darkened out but usually it's all of them.

what bars? theres like 10 that go from the center of the screen to the right and then theres bars that come up next to the satellite icon that look like cell phone bars. if you only have 1-2 bars out of the 10 lit up thats not a good signal. if its the cell phone-like bars then youre connection is good.

what bars? theres like 10 that go from the center of the screen to the right and then theres bars that come up next to the satellite icon that look like cell phone bars. if you only have 1-2 bars out of the 10 lit up thats not a good signal. if its the cell phone-like bars then youre connection is good.

Yeah I meant bars as in the "cell phone" style bars. The satellite icons (which there are 8 of) are usually all lit up, occasionally it might drop down to only 7 or 6... but only 6 when I'm under an overpass or next to a tall building.

Yeah I meant bars as in the "cell phone" style bars. The satellite icons (which there are 8 of) are usually all lit up, occasionally it might drop down to only 7 or 6... but only 6 when I'm under an overpass or next to a tall building.

hm...then is ur unit bypassed or are you trying to access it while in motion? half the options get grayed out if your in motion and not bypassed.

Not to mention, it's still pretty inaccurate... I'm driving down the freeway, and it's not aware that I'm on it. It thinks I'm on a side street that's parallel to the freeway.

Example:

I was already on the freeway, but when I entered a location (I just hit Return Home), it told me to make a left at the next street, then get on the onramp and merge onto the freeway. :roll: HELLO?!? I'M ALREADY ON THE DAMN FREEWAY!!

Where's the GPS antenna mounted? Is it level, on a piece of metal (or the provided magnet) and is the space above it free of metal covering?

For instance, mine is mounted inside the dash. It sits about 6 inches behind the rear of the Z between the Z and the fire wall. It's completely enclosed in the dash, but there's no metal above it. I've got 90% signal and it only took about 5 miles for mine to sync up the second time.

The first time was with the Z1 stock drive. I installed it, fired it up and it was spot on. I don't know why I had to re-calibrate it when I went to the Z3 image...

Where's the GPS antenna mounted? Is it level, on a piece of metal (or the provided magnet) and is the space above it free of metal covering?

For instance, mine is mounted inside the dash. It sits about 6 inches behind the rear of the Z between the Z and the fire wall. It's completely enclosed in the dash, but there's no metal above it. I've got 90% signal and it only took about 5 miles for mine to sync up the second time.

The first time was with the Z1 stock drive. I installed it, fired it up and it was spot on. I don't know why I had to re-calibrate it when I went to the Z3 image...

Not sure... I'd have to call the installer to find out. :oops: