AVIC411.com

F90BT or Alpine w205

I was looking at buying a F90BT this saturday and selling my alpine w205 but had some question first.

How long does the unit take to booth up and if I turn the VR catalog mode off can you still search for music with voice controls.

how well does the bluetooth work I have the alpine KCE300BT hooked to my W205 but people say they can here them self talk is the F90BT the same way.

I have read the other post about people's problem's but the only people with com plait's are people with the F700BT or is it for all the F series decks

And will firm ware updates fix a lot of these problems or will they always be there.

Thanks

U1cracka

I was debating between the W505 and the F90BT ... both have comparable features to the W205. I wanted above all iPod (+album art), bluetooth (iPhone), navigation, sirius, DVD playback, and HD Radio.

The real kicker for me came down to economics. Alpine seems to nickle-and-dime you to death over nav. You don't get navigation without the Blackbird (an extra $600-700) and you don't get bluetooth without an adapter either.

So for the W505 to do the same thing as the F90BT I was looking at a component cost of $1700, versus the $1100 or so for the pioneer.

I was debating between the W505 and the F90BT ... both have comparable features to the W205. I wanted above all iPod (+album art), bluetooth (iPhone), navigation, sirius, DVD playback, and HD Radio.

The real kicker for me came down to economics. Alpine seems to nickle-and-dime you to death over nav. You don't get navigation without the Blackbird (an extra $600-700) and you don't get bluetooth without an adapter either.

So for the W505 to do the same thing as the F90BT I was looking at a component cost of $1700, versus the $1100 or so for the pioneer.

Thanks for the reply I know what you mean with alpine nickle-and-dime you to death over everything.

I have the Alpine bluetooth adaptor and its not so good People can here them self talking.

Still not sure if i should stick with my Alpine W205 or sell it and get the F90BT. @ least If i get the F90BT I will be getting a good deal on it.

Thanks

U1cracka