AVIC411.com

Antenna wire?

Hi all

Question regarding the antenna wire on my Z2.

I read somewhere that I need to connect the "blue" wire to my antenna booster?

I have the Z2 installed in a Sonata. Do I need to connect a wire to antenna booster?

Are you getting poor signal?

I don't know about the previous user but I am getting horrible signal quality to the point I can't hear anything. Everything else works fine. Was I sopposed to connect the blue wire or something? I have a 06 Altima.

Do you live out in no where? Try the blue wire method as you mentioned before. It wont hurt.

Actually, if the factory antenna is an amplified model, this can ruin the PCB in it. Before you go randomly hooking up 12v+ to something, you should see if it's designed for it.

Check with the forum for your car, I'm sure they've got instructions on how to put in an aftermarket radio.

That is exactly what I am trying to do - I have been checking with the forum, I can't seem to find this information. There must be some wire I am missing because I don't have any AM reception - the FM is not that great either.

There are also a couple of wires on the harness from the car that are not connected to anything.