AVIC411.com

Avic D3 in 07 Cobalt LS Q's?????

Okay, just used the search function like crazy and couldnt seem to come up with any information on the install into an 07 cobalt. I just bought the avic d3 a few days ago and i just wanted to ask some questions on what i need and what i need to do before i start installing. As for my car, its a 07 Chevy Cobalt LS with no onstar or pioneer package.

As far as harnesses go, by what i've read i either need the metra gmos lan 03 or 04. 03 being the non-amplified one and the 04 being the amplified one. Im assuming that i would only need the 03 becuase i dont have onstar or pioneer package. Also i found the pac c2r-gm11, which is in essence the same but i just wanted to know if one is better than the other or if they are indeed the same and ones just cheaper. And i was also wondering if either the metra or pac harnesses have the navi wires, like the vss and etc. becuase by what i've read they dont and some people say the newer ones do??? And if they dont what would i need to do so that the unit works although i dont have the specific wires???

As for dash kits, i've read that i need the metra 95-3302 and was wondering if it would fit the 07 becuase its only rated to fit the 06's...but on the metra website it said it should fit??? I know i already have to saw off some plastic piece in the back of the stock kit in the back and bend some metal pieces out of the way (not on the dash kit itself but in the car to make room for the unit) and didnt know if there was anything else i should be getting.

Finally, as far as the "gm antenna" im not sure if i have that. Most of the posts i've found said something about the gm antenna and buying an adapter?? is that specifically for the cars with onstar or something or other?? and as for the gps antenna that comes with the unit, where would be a good place to mount that or would it be fine back underneath the unit?

I just want to say thanks for any help and its well apreciated. Just wanted to be sure on some things before i go about spending more money and didnt want to buy the things that either wont fit or the wrong part number. Also, im not a wiring buff but my uncle is an electronic technition so he's helping me out with the install. once again thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

My friend has an 07 Cobalt base model. All he had to buy was a $200 harness and pay like $70 to get it installed at a stereo shop. They mounted the nav antenna on his trunk. Everythings been working fine. I just purchased one used. Can't wait till I get it.

Okay, just used the search function like crazy and couldnt seem to come up with any information on the install into an 07 cobalt. I just bought the avic d3 a few days ago and i just wanted to ask some questions on what i need and what i need to do before i start installing. As for my car, its a 07 Chevy Cobalt LS with no onstar or pioneer package.

As far as harnesses go, by what i've read i either need the metra gmos lan 03 or 04. 03 being the non-amplified one and the 04 being the amplified one. Im assuming that i would only need the 03 becuase i dont have onstar or pioneer package. Also i found the pac c2r-gm11, which is in essence the same but i just wanted to know if one is better than the other or if they are indeed the same and ones just cheaper. And i was also wondering if either the metra or pac harnesses have the navi wires, like the vss and etc. becuase by what i've read they dont and some people say the newer ones do??? And if they dont what would i need to do so that the unit works although i dont have the specific wires???

As for dash kits, i've read that i need the metra 95-3302 and was wondering if it would fit the 07 becuase its only rated to fit the 06's...but on the metra website it said it should fit??? I know i already have to saw off some plastic piece in the back of the stock kit in the back and bend some metal pieces out of the way (not on the dash kit itself but in the car to make room for the unit) and didnt know if there was anything else i should be getting.

Finally, as far as the "gm antenna" im not sure if i have that. Most of the posts i've found said something about the gm antenna and buying an adapter?? is that specifically for the cars with onstar or something or other?? and as for the gps antenna that comes with the unit, where would be a good place to mount that or would it be fine back underneath the unit?

I just want to say thanks for any help and its well apreciated. Just wanted to be sure on some things before i go about spending more money and didnt want to buy the things that either wont fit or the wrong part number. Also, im not a wiring buff but my uncle is an electronic technition so he's helping me out with the install. once again thanks.

This is all specifically for an 07 cobalt w/o onstar or pioneer

You need a double din kit:

http://www.crutchfield.com/App/Product/ ... 02&tp=3121

You need a wire harness:

http://www.crutchfield.com/App/Product/ ... 11&tp=3486

Antenna adapter:

http://www.crutchfield.com/App/Product/ ... 10&tp=2569

Put gps antenna somewhere where it contacts metal