AVIC411.com

Picked up AVIC-D3 Brand New at Best Buy for 600

I saw this unit in BB a couple months ago and thought this would be a great thing to have in my 01 civic which has a double din dash but the 1000 price tag was a bit too much.

I then did my usual search over on the net and found that circuit city was selling it for 600. I tried to buy it online or have it picked up at a store but not a single CC had one. I then called corporate to which they responded " we do not have a singe D3 in the entire US to sell to you".

I then did another seach for units in stock at BB to see if they would price match for me -- As it turns out the only BB that had one was 20 miles away, not too far and was actually near a friend I had been meaning to visit.

Best Buy only price matches if a local brick and mortar store also has the exact same item IN STOCK (which was not the case with circuit city). I knew this but decided to give a shot since it was on the way to my friends. When I got there, I went to customer service asked for the unit and the price match. The BB guy searched the web, saw the price and then proceeded to call CC. He was on the phone for at least 10 mins, he was quiet and I couldn' really hear what he said to them. But afterwards he honored the price match.

I actully do not like BB - The problem i had was not a single CC had the product in stock. I tried to order online - non in stock, I then called their corporate and spoke to a sales person who said they do not have single unit they could sell me.

This also came with the blue tooth module

You just passed up on a deal. CC had them listed for 599.99 + tax and they also had a 10% off rebate (6UAJYYKARV) and $10 off with coupon 5MAFFHSA5Q. Sadly, they both expired. It was for Father's day.

i just checked Circuit city website and they ran out of the avic-d3. They have the f series for sale though