AVIC411.com

Mod to try: Apple TV

So i was checking out the new iphone firmware 2.0 and saw a cool application you can download for it (yes you can now download applications for your iphone form itunes). It allows you to control your itunes and or apple tv from your iphone over a wiress network. It got me thinking about using a carputer. then that got me thinking about using a apple tv for all my music and dvds. Your iphone would act as your remote, which is set up just like an ipod.

What would this do? Well, you now have a better ipod interface with your z1- z3 because you can control it from your iphone, still see artwork, song name etc on your display... BUT you cant control it form the head. I could do away with not controlling it from my head since i can wirelessly from my iphone. It would also give you ability to store dvds and control thoose wirelessly too, again from your iphone.

So there are a lot of cool possibilities if you had an apple tv with a cheap wireless network in your car. pretty easy mod to do with wireing the apple tv and router in your trunk.

Then i looked at the video out and... HDMI and component out only. That sucks. A work around is a box that converts component to coax, but thats another $130.

thoughts?