AVIC411.com

Lexus GS300 Help!

Should I do it?  

2 members have voted

1. 1. Should I do it?

• Yes
    • No

hey all, I'm brand new as you can see. I'm considering buying a D3 and I want to know if anyone has installed this in a 2nd Gen (98-05) GS without factory nav. Any experiences, pics, whatever are helpful. Specifically I want to know if the factory changer and factory subwoofer can be utilized in any way, and how it looks installed/how easy it is to install or how expensive it is to have it installed.

any input on how the factory amp/sub can still be used? I think i know of a way to mod the changer so that it will work utilizing the IP bus, even though i'll have IPod capability id rather not lose the changer, still nice to have. I dont want to have to add or change out any components other than the head unit itself.

I did an install on my 2001 GS430 with Factory Pioneer System (Nakamichi and Mark Levinson systems might be different)

Good reading WITH pics http://www.clublexus.com/forums/showthread.php?t=286180

You use TWO harnesses for a factory plug install.

Metra 70-8113 2000-up Toyota / Lexus Amp Sys this plugs the D3 into the Toyo factory batt, ACC, ground and dimmer

Metra 70-1761 1987+ up Toyota Harness you'll only use the speaker patch half near the factory (CRAP) amp.

Here are some wire colors for the '01GS430

Blue/Yellow stripe (battery (always HOT))

Gray ACC (switched)

White/ Black Stripe (Ground)

Light Green (Illumination)

FACTORY PIONEER CHANGER

• You can order an internal PCB board and convert it for use with the D3. I think it costs $75 if you're willing to do the install yourself.

FACTORY SUB

• It is 5ohm so you are SOL on re-using it. The factory AMP has some sort of proprietary Bus signal to turn it on/off that only works with OEM Lexus head units so you can forget using that too.

The Metra double din kit looks lik A$$ since it is textured black. You can order a JDM double din plate from Carson Lexus it is a PERFECT match to the rest of the dash.

Right now I am running my D3 straight to the stock speakers and it honestly sounds better than the factory system with the amp and 10"sub. I just got my door speaker adapters and will be hooking my 6 channel amp/sub and 6.5" speakers up this weekend.