AVIC411.com

N1 with N3 Software Pros and cons

I just upgraded my N1 to CNDV-70MTP disc. I sent my unit in for bypass. Cost me $40 + shipping.

The mapping on the 2007 DVD is awesome. It zooms a lot better, plus you get new POI.

If you upgrade you can also use XM Nav Traffic, which is awesome too.

Worth it to me. There are a bunch of places that do the bypass, or you can take it on yourself if you can solder.

If you want to know where I sent mine let me know.

so i basically just need to soldier to close points together? It it micro soldiering like a mod chip for a console or easier? Besides the maps I hear that the GUI is changed what else? Can I have on screen ipod control?

The GUI looks so much better. The screens are blue now. Much easier on the eyes! No real new functionality, my XM logo is updated on XM. When the vehicle is moving certian buttons will be grayed out until your less than 5 MPH.

My understanding is there are two points that need to be soldiered together, but I have heard of a lot of people bricking their units in an attempt to save money.. I would suggest leaving it up to the hands of a professional.

There's a thread floating around here with real detailed info in the procedure.