AVIC411.com

Scion tC Install Issues... Minor issues...

I just paid a certified pioneer installer to install my Avic D2 in my 07 Scion tC, and have a few issues:

- The radio door closes, but its a VERY tight fit. It buldges slightly when closed and im afraid that over time this will damage the door. Is this a know problem installing these in the tC?

- He claims the steering wheel controls can not be interfaced with the Avic D2. Is this correct?

- He did not hook up the Aux input, but I did not specifically ask him to, is this possible? I like to use my MP3 player.
The door closing problem should be easy to remedy, I've put a Z1 in my buddy's tC with no problem. The steering wheel controls will work, use Peripheral Electronics PE-SWIPS or PAC SWIPS, here is the wiring you'll be up against. Maybe your installer wasn't up to the task, it is a bit cxomplicated. [url=http://peripheralelectronics.com/web/peswix_insructions.asp]http://peripheralelectronics.com/web/pe ... ctions.asp[/url]

As for the aux in, you need to access this through the IP-bus line using a Pioneer CD-RB10 or just use the A/V inputs on the back of the unit, they are on a secondary harness. You will have to turn on the A/V inputs after you connect by going into your setup menu and selecting A/V input .
[quote name="Opticon"]I just paid a certified pioneer installer to install my Avic D2 in my 07 Scion tC, and have a few issues:

- The radio door closes, but its a VERY tight fit. It buldges slightly when closed and im afraid that over time this will damage the door. Is this a know problem installing these in the tC?.[/quote]

I have had this problem in the past. What I've done is modify the factory brackets to push the radio back enough to allow enough clearance for the door to close properly.

[quote name="Opticon"]- He claims the steering wheel controls can not be interfaced with the Avic D2. Is this correct?[/quote]

He's wrong. You can use a pac-swx to regain the steering wheel controls. The down side is that you need a pioneer remote to program the thing. THen again your installer should not have a problem coming up with one of those for long enough to program.

[quote name="Opticon"]- He did not hook up the Aux input, but I did not specifically ask him to, is this possible? I like to use my MP3 player.[/quote]

You'll need a cd-rb10 or cd-rb20 in order to use the "aux" input of the d2. You could use the av input to plug the audio of your mp3 player into the d2, but that's a different matter all together.