AVIC411.com

2003 Toyota Highlander w/ JBL Premium wiring help needed

I am getting a bit frustrated.

I ordered the wire harness kit for my Toyota to install a new AVH4000, and they sent the wrong one.

They didn't have the right one, so I called Crutchfield, and they said they have it.

I received it today, and the connector wouldn't go on. There was some interference in the connector.

So, I modified it (they are sending a replacement, but I am getting a bit tired of pulling this thing out, putting it back in, and waiting another week).

I hooked it up, using the 4 RCA's for the speakers, as I was told I have to do this to bypass the amp??? And I get no sound at all!!!

It fires up, but no sound.

Any ideas? I really don't want to have to cut the Toyota connector off, as I want to replace the OEM head unit when I sell it in 3 years.

Thank you.

• 2 weeks later...

They sent me a 70-8113, which I was able to get to work.

I didn't realize I needed to connect the blue/white wires together, as it said it was for a remote control on the Pioneer wire.

I will say that Crutchfield was very willing to help.

Next issue is that this Toyota has something called a diversified antenna? What the heck is this? It's a problem, is all I can see. Two antenna inputs into the stereo, for which I have only one available, of course, and I need some adapter for one as it's smaller than standard.

After all this (though I am still working on the antenna, but it is working fine on FM), the LG phone I just bought doesn't hook up to the CD-BTB200. My Blackberry does fine. The LG won't connect to my Avic in my other car either, and LG says to call Pioneer, which is bs (AT&T referred me to LG).

Thank you.