AVIC411.com

Avic F900BT into my 2004 STi

Trying to gather enough information for the upcoming install.

A few questions:

1. I currently have a Sony CDX-F5700 CD player in the car installed back in the days by Circuit City. What should I do with wiring? Is there some sort of plug and play harness?

2. Where should I mount the GPS antenna?

3. Where should I mount the XM antenna?

Trying to gather enough information for the upcoming install.

A few questions:

1. I currently have a Sony CDX-F5700 CD player in the car installed back in the days by Circuit City. What should I do with wiring? Is there some sort of plug and play harness?

2. Where should I mount the GPS antenna?

3. Where should I mount the XM antenna?

the way you make it seem, youre doing the install yourself.

1. if circuit city did the install, they should have used a wiring adapter (only idiots cut the oem harness), go to walmart, circuit city, stereo store and buy a wiring adapter specific to your 2004 sti then you match the wires using a wire diagram (theres diagrams on here and elsewhere on the internet, you have to search for them, if you have a snap-on repair software, which you probably dont but the auto repair shop close to you probably has, go there for a very detailed wiring diagram)

2-3. gps can be mounted a number of places mine is mounted in the inside bottom corner of my front windshield, xm and sirius are mounted under my top spoiler(06-07 sti's only) you should probably mount both xm and gps in the same spot, the two top corners of the outside rear windshield

fyi i wouldnt buy xm or sirius right now, as of aug 3 2008, xm and sirius merged recently, look it up if you dont believe me, the current players out right now are not going to play both xm and sirius channels, current xm modules will only pick xm stations and vice versa with sirius players, i would wait a lil while until pioneer comes out with a xm/sirius module to play both stations, idk of a date for when, but it is iminent!

Thank you for the prompt reply.

Yes, I am doing the install myself. Went to Circuit City yesterday, but couldn't find anyone to talk to in 30 minutes..(what a joke)

Went to Best Buy, but they don't have that type of harness.

I will check WalMart later this week.

2. I don't want to mount the antennas on the outside.

3. Yes I've heard about the whole XM/Sirius sat radio deal, I don't really mind just XM.

• 3 weeks later...

So I started installing this last night. Routed the GPS antenna to the rear deck of the vehicle.

Positioned the XM antenna on the dash near the A pillar.

Mounted the bluetooth speaker.

I had BESTBUY help me today with wiring the speed sensor and the harness.

Unit Powers up fine, here's what I got so far:

1. Not all the buttons on the NAV light up.

2. None of the phone buttons are "live", they are all grayed out.

3. FM works fine, AM works fine.

4. Haven't got the subscription for the XM yet.

Moving on...

A. Do I need to do the "hack" with the yellow wire to make it so all the features work? Will this enable everything? (BESTBUY didn't do the ebrake wiring)