AVIC411.com

Wire upgrade to AVIC n-1 works 60M disc, but.....

OK, amp3d, awesome!! Thanx, and re-iterate, lift up that first clip(yes I broke/superglued back that first ribbon, thinking the connector slid out) those will find the guide, read the text before looking at all those pictures...

Problem. I have an N-1 that had only the brake bypass, and I was running 40mt software. Worked great. Wanted 60m map. I did the wire solder, worked great, took me about an hour. Upgraded avic-n1, left all wires hooked up (I don't/never had speed sense hooked up(got lazy))

After software upgrade, I can play video on 60M software, I do get both nags, but I can do 55mph :) and have video playing.

Here's my delimma (I now have 40mt software back on)
I can't use the navigation period on the 60M software The maps are nice, looks great, but I cannot push the button that says "address" "phone number" "vicinity search" at all no matter what.

I reflashed back to 40mt software and everything works, including selecting destinations. I again loaded 60M back on, and it just won't let me do anything except "go home" and map search. Anyone? Please?
Hmmm, that is very interesting!

I actually ran into a simular issue when installing some 60MT software on someone elses N2....and I thought it was only related to his unit since I had never seen an N2 personally before that.

I cant really assure you what the issue is...but I had purchased a cd off ebay and it was not great quality.

I was able to get a second disc from someone and made an image of it, and burned onto some really good media. No problems since.

I think it has somthing to do with the drive timing out while reading part of the disc. The disc may be getting verified when inserted, but not actually loading the map data. Sounds dumb, but this is what I was thinking.

Can you try another disk?
I'll go to circuit city again, and try the originals, but I do remember even the display model avic did the same thing on display in the store. I did make new discs, haven't tried yet. Will post more. Can you post your whole cndv 60 disc, or is it the same as I previously posted? I just want to make sure it's the right disc