AVIC411.com

Glitches in video playback - DVD and iPod

I have an F900BT with the IU230V iPod adapter to let me play videos from my iPod (5th Gen).

I tried it for the first time today with video - its been working fine with audio for the last 2 days.

Every 10-15 seconds I get a black glitch appears on screen for a milisecond on the bottom 1/5th of the display. Its like a black jaggedy line almost.

I tried a couple of different vidoes from my iPod, and they all do the same.

I then tried a DVD video for the first time... and it does exactly the same thing.

Any ideas what it is and what I can do? I'm starting to regret buying this unit because of all these silly little annoying things.

I have an F900BT with the IU230V iPod adapter to let me play videos from my iPod (5th Gen).

I tried it for the first time today with video - its been working fine with audio for the last 2 days.

Every 10-15 seconds I get a black glitch appears on screen for a milisecond on the bottom 1/5th of the display. Its like a black jaggedy line almost.

I then tried a DVD video for the first time... and it does exactly the same thing.

Any ideas what it is and what I can do? I'm starting to regret buying this unit because of all these silly little annoying things.

My unit does the same thing. Compared to some of the other problems I've had with my F900 it's a very minor problem! :)

It's probably a problem with whatever video chip they use, so I very much doubt it'll be fixable in firmware.

I called Pioneer - who were about as unhelpful as they could be. It seemed the guy on the phone didn't give a to$$ and was just wanting rid of me!

I called the supplier of the unit who was VERY helpful. She said he'd heard that Pioneer were very unhelpful, but luckily she knew someone there and she'd contact him.

She called back a few mins later asking for my software version, then called him back. He advised running the update again which may possibly fix my problem... if not, I have to return the unit for a replacement.

In all honesty, if I have to return the unit, I'm going to ask if I can exchange it for something else as I'm not happy at all with this model.

• 5 months later...

I have the same problem with my F90bt. I have little hope that anything will fix this other than a new unit. Hope you have had some luck getting a different one.

• 2 weeks later...