AVIC411.com

ipod and bluetooth issues???

- when using the ipod, a message comes up stating it is updating the "VR data" What does this mean and can you turn off the voice command function...it's useless!! Is it me or is this unit filled with FUCKING bugs?

- Bluetooth doesn't work for me. I have a treo and it turns off the phone, won't pair etc etc etc...total crap!

I have the latest firmware version and it's no better!

I believe the updating VR Data means that its cataloging all of the music on your iPod so that you can use the voice search function, you can turn it off in the settings, but the voice search won't work.

Also, for your phone, Pioneer has a LOT of issues working with smart phones, I myself had problems with D3 and my HTC Touch. But if you go to Jetwaremobile.com you can download a free trial of thier bluetooth management software, and it rededicates all your bluetooth functions and it works. I made my phone work with the D3 and now my new 900BT.

For the record, it is a pioneer problem. I talked to their CS for hours with my D3 and they basically said that a lot of smart phones just wont work, but that any normal phone should. But like I said, Jetwaremobile.com, download the software and it will connect. And when the 30 day trial is up, it doesn't matter, cuz its already connected.