AVIC411.com

Samsung Alias (sch-u740) bluetooth disconnects?

I searched the forums and could not find anyone with this model phone reporting issues so I figured I would give this a shot.

I have a samsung alias aka u740 and it drops the bluetooth connection in my car CONSTANTLY. I cant talk for more than 45 seconds without the sound cutting out and having to open my phone and talk. Then another minute or less later it picks it back up, either disconnecting the call itself or cutting the sound out for a good 30seconds while it figures out whats going on.

Is there a general fix for this? Did i do something wrong when pairing?

Try pairing it using the "Select Specific Device" option on the

AVIC unit, and try pairing it with every option (phone) listed under that selection. I was having great trouble with my Motorola Q9C until I went this route and discovered that the BT profile under the "Samsung A9xx" was a perfect match for my Moto phone.

• 2 weeks later...

AVIC unit, and try pairing it with every option (phone) listed under that selection. I was having great trouble with my Motorola Q9C until I went this route and discovered that the BT profile under the "Samsung A9xx" was a perfect match for my Moto phone.

wow really?

. . . .

wish i never bout this trash unit . . .

well . . . i cant even pair my phone to this device now since deleting the original pair.

the HU will pick up my phone and say 'connecting, passkey 1111' but my phone will NEVER respond.

I can very, very very inconsistently get it to pair by doing it from the phone itself, but once they are paired, if i try to connect, it stays connected for 15seconds and the disconnects.

Does anyone have an Alias they have successfully connected with the F series? If not, is there a semi-reliable step by step instructions anywhere for connecting a device? I am pretty tech savy but this thing acts so random and inconsistent it DRIVES ME NUTS!

some phones just dont work well with the F. but i read in a previous post that the 2nd update is focused on bluetooth. so you may be in luck.

one tip I can give however, I got it from here and it worked on my friends LG Voyager which is notorious for being a P.I.T.A phone to pair. change the password to 000000 and see what happens