AVIC411.com

backup camera distortion

I just installed the Pioneer camera to the Z1. It worked perfect for a couple of days. Now I started getting a distorted dim picture on ocassion. So far it happened twice. Otherwise, the picture is perfect. It doesn't happen all the time so I can't troubleshoot it to determine if it is the Z1 or the camera. Has anybody had this problem before? Would a hard reset of the Z1 help?
In my Z1 install in my '06 Subaru Forester XT, I've occasionally seen what can be best described as "snow" over the BC picture. Think about watching a UHF TV station using a "rabbit ears" antenna. When the symptom arises, it's similar to that. It doesn't happen all the time though. My BC is mounted on the outside top of my tailgate.
I opened the dash to check on the video connection and it was secured. When I checked on the connector going into the Z1, I heard click sound which probably meant that the connection was not plugged in al the way. I connected my camcorder to the camera input of the Z1 and it was ok. I hope the loose connection was the problem of the intermittent distortion.