AVIC411.com

F900 map POIs?

Does anyone elses map shows gas station icons?

I have my MSN trial still going on if that means anything. Anyway on my map gas stations icons are everywhere. I just noticed someone elses on here has food icons. Is there a way to get certain icons to show up or not at all or all of them. It was weird zooming out to country view and seeing the map completely full of gas stations. They dont show up in the world image though :roll:

Actually its called MANAGE POI under the NAVI SETTINGS, VISUAL tab. It does allow you to hide or show the POI icons. It will allow you to turn them off or show them only at a certain distance from your current point. Page 130 in the manual if you want detail info.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I had the same issue with the medical facilities, but I seem to have fixed it.

Problem:

All I wanted was to have Hospital icons show up (just in case), but I was getting everything. I went into Manage POIs, and everything I turned of was turned back on after every reboot.

Solution: (Worked today, I'll have to eat crow if I wake up and it doesn't work)

In Manage POI, Edit the Medical Group, and turn it off (Set POI Visibility Distance on Map = Off)

Edit each Medical subgroup, set the distance as you want it or off completely

Hope that works.