AVIC411.com

Looking for some input: F90BT Install

Hello all!

I am about to install an F90BT in my 2004 LR Discovery, and I had a few questions that I am hoping those of you have more experience with these units and installs hopefully can answer. I am sure many of the answers are already in the forums somewhere - I am just not sure if I am asking the right questions to find them!

I have looked at a number of systems, and can't seem to find another out there that compares with the F-series in functionality or style. I am very much looking forward to getting it done.

Here goes:

1. What does the VSS wire really do on the F90BT? I am can't find it on my car, and it may not even have one, so I am wondering what the consequences of not having this connected are.

2. Is there a working bypass so that the unit is fully functional while in motion (plays DVD, enter all nav commands etc)?

3. When I sampled the unit at a local store it took about 3 minutes to boot up. Is this regular? I.e. Every time I start the car will there be 2-3 minutes before I can use the device?

4. My Discovery has rear seat audio controls so that rear passangers can plug in headphones and listen to different sources from the main unit. Does the F-Series support this? I believe it is called multi-zone or some such term.

5. In the sample videos on the Pioneer website the TTS voice sounds like some horrible robot from the 70s. Most TTS voices on other nav systems and computers sound much better than this and more realistic. Is that really what the TTS voice that ships with the unit sounds like? Is there anyway to upload other voices? I am sure this is a naive question, but I am coming from using an OEM system and a TomTom systm that both had customizable voices.

6. Finally, . I want to try and do as much of the installation as I can, because I can't bear to part with $90/hr to have someone else who is unfamiliar with the car and hardware anyway do it. I have ordered the following pieces of equiptment. Is there anything obviously missing?

-F90BT Source Unit

-Pioneer XM Module w/ antenna

-Backup Camera (RCA in)

-PAC Steering Wheel Control Adapter for Land Rover

Thanks so much for taking the time to read this and help a newbie out with any answers you have. I am really looking forward to joining the elite ranks of F-Series owners ;)

Thanks!

Any thoughts on the TTS?

Most of your questions have been answered a bunch of times, man. The bypass is in the mods/hacks area, there are 800 threads on the boot time issue, there is no multi-zone on the F series, and your equipment looks good. Obviously you want a wire harness for your car too.
Thanks!

Any thoughts on the TTS?

Most of your questions have been answered a bunch of times, man. The bypass is in the mods/hacks area, there are 800 threads on the boot time issue, there is no multi-zone on the F series, and your equipment looks good. Obviously you want a wire harness for your car too.

If you don't care about the voice saying the street names, the Jason voice sounds good.