AVIC411.com

FIXED no sound with N4 after installing new speakers

Hi,

I have posted this on www.elementownersclub.org as well

So I'm coming to you guys again for help. I can't tell you how happy I am that this site is here!

Here's the story:

I got a pioneer avic n4 installed a few months ago. The installer said he installed the video bypass and setup the sub. When I got it back the bypass didn't work and the sub didn't work either. After fighting with him I didn't want him in my car again so I decided to do it myself.

I have since fixed the bypass and installed tweeters and new speakers as well. Everything was working for a few days and all of the sudden I started my E to go home from work and there was no sound.

An important note might be for the two or three days after the speaker install I noticed a hiss when the volume was completely off or at a low level. The stereo still works and so does the nav and all the features but it seems the speakers do not have any power.

My question is did I blow a fuse? If so, where is this fuse located. If not, what could it be? The factory amp? I don't know what this douche of an installer did when he hooked up my stereo. I printed off many pages from the forumand said I would pay for any extra parts, harnesses, or adaptors necessary. Since the stereo was working with the stock speakers for months I assumed he used the right parts but now I don't know. The reason why I used an installer is that I don't no sh1t about this stuff. So if you have any advice please keep it in simple terms and please use pictures small words when possible.

Thanks,

I got this installed in Calgary at a place called Visions in the NW.

He told me that he hooked up the sub but after taking the radio out and looking i don't think the sub is connected at all. There was two wire harnesses just hanging out. I'm assuming that one of them is for the sub, but I can't tell you what they're for though. He told me that he connected the whole stereo through the factory amp including the sub.

The car is a 2004 Honda Element EX

• 2 weeks later...