AVIC411.com

Voice Command on steering wheel and On screen?

hey,

I was just wondering If it is possible to make one of my buttons on my stearing wheel work for voice command? (I know that this is not a feature from pionner, but it would make life a lot easier) and I wanted to know if it can be made into a button on the screen too?

thank for all the help.

My Denali is going back to the shop next Tuesday (09 September 2008) to get a few other things fixed. I mentioned getting my stock steering wheel voice button (for OnStar maybe?) reprogrammed to be another voice command button for my F90BT. The guy said they would look into it and try to get that set up for me.

When I get my car back from them, I'll let you know the result.

• 3 weeks later...

This is the reason I joined this site, to find this out. I have a Ford Fusion with the SYNC, and want to get this to replace the stock HU but still use my steering wheel buttons. My only thought at this point is this - Do they make a steering wheel remote for this unit? If so, the PAC Universal Steering wheel control is a learning setup, and can emulate any of the buttons on the remote to the steering wheel. Which would give my SYNC button the same functionality with the Avic, as well as the phone and source buttons....

Ok so u can use your steering buttons for music and volume control.. But it won’t work for VR because pioneer didn’t write it in the software...

Not if Pioneer makes a Voice command remote, as they do for some of the other series. If the steering wheel remote has a "voice" button, obviously using the interface and teaching it to emulate that button would work. So the question remains - Does Pioneer make a VC steering wheel remote for the Avic F series like this one for the N series? http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/ ... ies/CD-VC1

Will that one work? If so, the PAC interface will do allow you to assign any steering wheel control button to any of those remote features, including VC.

Why would you ever want to replace SYNC with this POS?

Man, is it really that bad?

I really want to just replace my HU and keep my SYNC functionality, but that doesn't seem possible. Even the interface Metra/Axxess offers doesn't seem to get that right. My second choice was to find an OEM Ford Nav system from the Fusion SEL and use that, but apparently the SYNC doesn't work even with a different Ford Head Unit that supports it.... It seems that if I want SYNC functionality after switching HU's, I'll have to use an HU that has the functionality. Which led me to the Avic.....

The F series doesn't have an infrared receiver so NO wireless remotes will work, including the one linked

Not if Pioneer makes a Voice command remote, as they do for some of the other series. If the steering wheel remote has a "voice" button, obviously using the interface and teaching it to emulate that button would work. So the question remains - Does Pioneer make a VC steering wheel remote for the Avic F series like this one for the N series? http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/ ... ies/CD-VC1

Will that one work? If so, the PAC interface will do allow you to assign any steering wheel control button to any of those remote features, including VC.

• 6 months later...

I have an Alfa Romeo 159 and on the original unit I had Bluetooth and voice recognition through a factory system called Blue&Me. As such, there are 2 buttons on the steering wheel for answering the phone and for voice commands.

Unfortunately, those don't work anymore on F900 (I have the Pioneer remote wired interface installed). All that it works from the steering wheel are volume buttons and tuning - no VR, no telephone and no changing FM presets.

So: is this a limitation of Pioneer, i.e. they didn't programmed the remote interface on the HU to respond to those commands, or it's about the remote interface that doesn't issue those commands to the HU?

• 1 month later...

I have the same problem with my new GT Cloverleaf. Blue&Me installed, I now have completely functionless steering wheel controls. The 900BT does everything Blue&Me does (except voice control in the EU), and in my opinion it does it better but still it does seem like a missed opportunity.