AVIC411.com

cell phone phonebook transfer with D3

I have purched a Motorola Razr V3 for use with my D3. I easily transferred my phonebook one contact at a time. Automatic connection does not seem to work. I have to manually "find" the connection but I've set a Bluetooth" shortcut on my celltop and connect with two taps. Minor inconvenience and not all bad since phonecalls in progress aren't interupted by auto connection. Otherwise everything seems to work OK.

I was thinking about getting a V3 but a friend of mine had a problem with his auto connecting in his bmw so I was kinda turned off by that.

The V9 is more then I want to spend right now and not even sure if that one auto connects either.

Curious how the V3 works in there. Any review or whatever of using it with the D3 from someone thats used it would be nice. Come back and let me know how it goes, if you would.

I have an LG phone that I use with my D3, it auto connects and stays connected very well. I have some numbers I use often stored in the D3 but I can't xfer the phone book with this phone.

Im not sure if its worth spending the money on the V3.

It would be nice (not that I'm complaining) but it would be nice if they would make the phone book editable on the D3. If I could just add the numbers manually (and put a name on them) that would be fine with me.

I'm reasonable happy with the V3 / D3 combo. Having my phonebook on the D3 and ready to use is worth the small inconvenience of manual bluetooth hook-up. The V3 allows for setting shortcuts on the celltop so when I open the flip I left click to the bluetooth icon then enter and it quickly connects to the D3. The connection is stable and relaible, voice quality is good.

jstevens,

Have you tried using the voice dialing? How well does that work?

I read someone else on here (who didnt specify which phone they were using) say that they couldnt hear the phone ask for confirmations etc or something. I'm happy with my LG phone. I also didn't expect to be able to do voice diaing on the D3 when I bought it (or I would have shelled out the other $1000 for the Z, which to me was not worth the extra money). I really don't need to get the V3 unless I'm going to get something out of it. If I can get voice dialing out of the D3 then I'd be dumb not to do it, but if it's not going to work then I don't want to waste the money. I think I can trade up my LG for a V3 for about $100 or so right now. To get voice dialing and have my phonebook stored on the D3 might be worth it.

Having to manually connect my phone every time I get in the car would be a pain to me. I like not having to think about it. The other night I was carrying a bag and I had put my phone in the bag and forgot about it. I put the bag in the back of my car and didnt realize that the phone was still in it. My phone still connected to the D3 and I could use it. Thats a convienience that I don't want to give up unless the voice dialing and phonebook xfer work.

Can you give me some more detail as far as what steps you have to go through when trying to make a voice dialed call and how well it works and what issues you have?

Thanks!