AVIC411.com

A couple of questions...

Ive been doing alot of reading here and decided to pick up a D3.Although I do have a couple of questions.

1. Do I have to use the XM unit with the Nav Taffic or can I use the regular one?

2. I have a Nisan Maxima with the Bose system.Will I have any problems running this HU with these speakers? Ive heard there might be an impedence issue.

Thanks

I have an '05 Nissan 350Z that had a bose system in it.

The Bose speakers sound "OK" and there's no special wiring I had to do. I do plan on replacing them at some point, but for the short term they worked fine.

I have 7 speakers in the car. 2 front, 2 rear, 2 little tweeters, and a sub. Set the rear speakers to "full" if you set it to "sub" (even though theres a sub back there) it makes the rear speakers sound like crap. The sub could be wired seperately if you want go through all the hassle. (Not sure if a Maxima has a sub in the back or not)

You'll probably like the way it sounds for about a month or so then you'll start to think you need new ones.

I have an '05 Nissan 350Z that had a bose system in it.

The Bose speakers sound "OK" and there's no special wiring I had to do. I do plan on replacing them at some point, but for the short term they worked fine.

I have 7 speakers in the car. 2 front, 2 rear, 2 little tweeters, and a sub. Set the rear speakers to "full" if you set it to "sub" (even though theres a sub back there) it makes the rear speakers sound like crap. The sub could be wired seperately if you want go through all the hassle. (Not sure if a Maxima has a sub in the back or not)

You'll probably like the way it sounds for about a month or so then you'll start to think you need new ones.

Thanks for the help.

Its not really about sound quality though.I do plan on replacing all the speakers(I actually have 8 speakers) and amping them,but for financial reasons that will have to wait.Im concerned about blowing up the D3 due to a low impedence.Do you have any knowledge of this??

The only knowledge I have about it is... My speakers are probably same as/similar to yours and it works fine. Dont blame me if you blow someting up but I really dont think its going to be an issue

I have read some things where the issue with bose speakers was that they are 1ohm and they either wont play or they play at very low volume with after market HU's

I was originally going to pay someone else to install my D3 (just because I wasnt familiar with taking apart my car and since I could afford it I didnt want to take a chance on breaking any clips etc etc) When I was talking to him about it I asked him if I could use my existing speakers. He said something to me about there being an amp in my car (which I never found when I installed the D3) He said I could just use the existing amp/speakers and it would sound "OK" but after a while Id probably want new speakers (he was right)

So when I hooked up the D3 I just hooked it to the existing audio plug under my dash and it worked fine. If theres an amp in there somewhere I have no idea, but it works. Ive had it installed more than 8 months, no problems.