AVIC411.com

Need some help with music/pictures

Hi all

Need some help with music and also pictures.

First problem – I am trying to load some pics on to the Z3 (upgrade from Z2). The pics are for my phone, I have them on disk and when trying to load them I get a message that I need to create a folder. Does this mean that I have to take the drive out, connect to my PC and create a folder for the pics? I have all the connections to connect to my PC and the drive is also unlocked.

Second problem – I bought the steering wheel remote “PAC SWIPS†for my unit, also upgraded the remote from the 4 button to 6 button.. Everything works great except for one thing.. I set up the remote so that I can select the preset stations on XM and FM. Well when playing a music CD or even music from the hard drive, the same button used to select the presets will not move to the next track. The button does nothing. Do I need to set up the PAC unit so that it will scan or something. If I change that will I still be able to select the preset stations or will it just jump to the next available station on the radio?

One last thing – I only have 4 speakers in my car (06 Sonata), I would like to upgrade the speakers and put in a sub, there is a place already precut for the sub, however I don’t really want to buy an amp. Can I still connect the Z3 to the sub, how would I do that? Seems like I would need to use the RCA jacks for the sub but then would need an amp, is this correct or is there a way to use the speaker wires coming off the unit without using the RCA’s?

Any help would be greatly appreciated – thanks in advance.

3rd problem: You'd have to find out the ohm impedance of the amp and sub, find out the rms and such, and find a sub that matches those specs. It's not simply replace and youre good to go. If specs are mismatched bad things can happen. I'd recommend coughing up more money and buying an amp that fulfills your aftermarket subwoofers' needs. Speakers are just replace and install if you dont plan on amping them.

I would like to upgrade the speakers and put in a sub, there is a place already precut for the sub, however I don’t really want to buy an amp.

So you just have a precut hole? Regardless, If you change the sub you need an amp. the unit will only power the speakers without an amp, but you'll only get 22w x 4. I say amp your speakers too, but to each is own. But you deffinitly need an amp for your sub.

I was sure that I had seen somewhere in the manual (I don't have the original, used one on line) that one could connect the sub using the wires for the speaker, tapping off the rear left/right speaker. Is anyone able to check this for me, I don't have a manual for my unit.

even if you could, what use is a sub thats getting less than 100w? you do know that a sub needs something to give it the power? the unit will not do that. you need to find an amp to make that sub hit. You also need an enclosure that will fit the airspace needs of the sub. And a cap is also recommended. Just because you have a hole cutout doesn't mean you can just throw a sub in there and expect it to do it's work without the proper equipment.

Thanks for your help, appreciate it. Guess I will have to get an amp and do it the right way. Any suggestions on decent speakers, I don't want to go crazy, just want some clarity from them, they don't have to be the loudest of speakers either. Would prefer a 3 way speaker.

Thanks again

No problem. Don't want you to be disappointed when you fill that hole and nothing happens :lol:

For speakers, I created a thread on rx8club.com about speaker advice. What it comes down to is your budget and musical preference. Regardless of what you buy they won't play their full potential without being amped. Personally this is probably the set up I'm going to go with:

All Rockford Fosgate:

FRONT: T162S 2-way 6.5" Components

REAR: T1693C 3-way 6"x9" Coaxils

SPEAKER AMP: T600-4 4 Channel amp @ 4Ohms (100wx4 @ 4 Ohms)

TRUNK: 2 T212D2 12" 2Ohm subwoofers

SUB AMP: T1500-1bd Mono amp @ 2Ohms (1000wx1 @ 2 Ohms)

Those products alone will cost me $1,765.00 If I eBay it all, and that's not counting the capacitor, the wiring/RCA's, the new battery, the circuit breaker, and all the dynamatt to sound deaden my whole car. But I'll have 2400 watts.

If you want cheaper, I need to know your budget and I can give you a bunch of suggestions. Take care.