AVIC411.com

Installation Help Please

Ok, so I purchased an AVIC D3 off ebay and I was really excited. So I read everything about the bypass and how to install the unit. Today I installed it, and when i turned on the car I get the following messages. First, it says that the system cannot detect that the unit is connected to the parking break. I hit the okay button and all that comes up is a black screen with the words, "Please Insert The Appropriate Disc." I cannot get to the menu, I cannot get to anything else. Ive tried every button, and it does not work. Can someone please help me! Thank you in advance

Paul

1st theres something wrong with your install/bypass recheck your wiring

2nd its probably trying to load something off the disk and thats why its displaying that msg. Its probably just trying to load your current location which it cant without the disk (just a guess)

get the wiring fixed 1st and then see what it does

report back what happens when the wiring issue is repaired someone will help

I think you are going to need the nav disc. I had a customer with a d3 and he had the same issue. Even with the nav disc though we could not get past that menu. So i called Pioneer and they said if you have an old nav disc and use it then use a new nav disc, then go back to the old nav disc that it can potentially screw it up. So all im thinking, is hopefully the previous owner did not screw it up for you...

So what should I do? I called Pioneer, and they told me that I need the navigation disc because since it was out of a car for a bit, it rebooted itself. Its now looking for the navigation disc to load up the menus and such. Im going to get my seller, and give him some crap because he was supposed to send it to me, and never did. Meanwhile, does anyone have the old Navigation discs that they would want to sell me. Thanks for all the help, you guys are awesome

okay so just giving you guys an update. I never got word back from my ebay seller about the disc. So i decided to buy a new one because I really want to get this unit up and running. So, the disc came today, and i popped it in, and.....started right up. However, I ran into a new problem. It is now asking me for a password. My problem is that my seller seems to be dodging me. I am going to send him an email telling him that im going to ebay and the police if he does not send me the password. I am hoping he jsut forgot to mention that I need one. In the meantime, is there anything I can do. I know Pioneer installed these things as a theft deterant, but im worried my selling decided to screw me. So Sad..... :(

ok i did what you did and installed it. the same thing came up for me. but i also do not have the disks either so i put in a cd r to see what would happen and it starte to play but no sound. so i push the volume button in and it then switched to av-1 then i hite the menu and i was unlocked. and could do anything the radio and everthing worked. now i am not sure about the wiring bc my unit says on and i am trying to find out why right now so try that and see what it does.