AVIC411.com

High pitch noise from LCD screen

I just installed my F90BT. It runs great, however, I hear the LCD screen when its on. It makes that high pitch "kryptonite" noise that you can hear TV's make (usually before they die). If I hit the "Screen Off" button, it goes away, so I know its the screen.

Maybe I just have sensitive ears, but it is pretty annoying, even with the volume turned up and my car on.

Anyone else have this problem, could this be a sign of a bad screen (or one thats going to die on me?)

I know some LCD's make this noise, but most I have seen do not make ANY noise.

• 3 weeks later...

I definitely hear it too! I just got my unit installed, so I'll check to see if my girlfriend also hears the noise when I drive down to visit her this weekend, but a great deal of people out there don't happen to hear this noise common from older CRT TV's, so perhaps it is common and most people just don't hear it?

I will investigate and report any additional findings here.

As an aside, though, I can't really notice the noise when the engine is on -- engine noise in my '07 STi drowns it out quite nicely.