AVIC411.com

Restore F700bt backup

I tried unsuccessfully to get into Windows CE. I received the error message about mabdbinfo. This was preventing me from getting into testmode. no big deal. After a couple of days, the screen would go black after about 20 seconds.

http://www.avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=16938

I tried installing the firmware update and it looked like it was going to fix the issue. Unfortunately the unit still keeps rebooting after going into system startup. I did find that I can now get into test mode.

So I am looking for someone to pm me about obtaining a good working backup to try to restore. I believe that some of the files are corrupt. If I was able to get into testmode while the unit was functioning, then I would have nmade a backup before touching anything.

Thanks!

This is for a F700BT

I am slowly figuring out how to recover from this, as I can now get to the main menu and play songs.

I really need some original files to troubleshoot this. Once I have this complete, I should have a way for all to recover.

The real issue is the APL2 Folder. I was able to boot to the mane menu and access the AV settings after I completely removed the APL2 folder and \apl\navi.exe from the Flash drive. I really would like to see someone step up and help me figure out a solution to this problem. Getting a base set of files will not only help me but provide a nice start for all the other people that have had to send back their units to get reprogrammed. If we can come up with a way to do this without sending the units out, it's a tremendous help for not only me, but everyone. If someone wants to pm me or post their good working APL folder as a start it would be much appreciated.