AVIC411.com

Contact Picture Size?

Why would the aspect ratio be the same if it doesn't fill up the whole screen? It's just a little "popup" image.

Because it's a lot simpeler to program, keeping it distortion free when scaling....

Why make life difficult having all sorts of different aspect ratio's for different pictures..

Compare it to windows, if you want to have a small picture somewhere on f.i. your 640x480 screen, it should still have that aspect ratio...You can make the cutout any size you want, but it should be scaled 640x480 to keep it distortion free...

But anyway, just try it :wink:

I DID try it. My post says that 4:3 is the only one that doesn't have the gray bars on the top or side.

Your Windows analogy is a little off. If a popup window in Wondows comes up and is sized for 4:3, it doesn't matter what your screen's resolution or aspect ratio is. The window is always 4:3 within the screen which may be 16:10. If you view it full screen then yeah, it's better if it matches the screen resolution. In this case, it's an overlay within the screen.

Your Windows analogy is a little off. If a popup window in Wondows comes up and is sized for 4:3, it doesn't matter what your screen's resolution or aspect ratio is. The window is always 4:3 within the screen which may be 16:10. If you view it full screen then yeah, it's better if it matches the screen resolution. In this case, it's an overlay within the screen.

With a window, yes. With a picture/photograph, no. There it DOES matter what the aspect ratio is...

However, we're moving away from the subject :wink: If 4:3, i.e. a factor of 1.3 works as you say, great, problem solved , no argument from me :mrgreen:

I've always found the whole scaling & resolution a bit funny on the Zx series, took me a lot of trail and error to get backgrounds etc. distortion free, the size mentioned in the manual always gave me (slightly) distorted pictures....

• 3 months later...