AVIC411.com

How do you access the data files? for a F500BT

Well let me explain you a little bit. I had a TomTom 720 and I was able to access the data files via USB; just plug in a USB cable from the TomTom to my computer and a new drive will appear with all the data files inside. So I bought a F500BT and it comes with a USB port as well; so I wrongly assumed that connecting it to my computer thru a USB will be the same… apparently not. I downloaded a software call AVIC FEEDS… but it doesn’t do much.

I want to view all the data files and modify them like some of you did. Change fonts; change the red arrow and so on… so… I just bought a 16GB SD card. So, how do I access to the Data Files? I want to make a backup first. Do you copy all the files to the SD card? How? I can’t see them? Please help. Thank you.

Well let me explain you a little bit. I had a TomTom 720 and I was able to access the data files via USB; just plug in a USB cable from the TomTom to my computer and a new drive will appear with all the data files inside. So I bought a F500BT and it comes with a USB port as well; so I wrongly assumed that connecting it to my computer thru a USB will be the same… apparently not. I downloaded a software call AVIC FEEDS… but it doesn’t do much.

I want to view all the data files and modify them like some of you did. Change fonts; change the red arrow and so on… so… I just bought a 16GB SD card. So, how do I access to the Data Files? I want to make a backup first. Do you copy all the files to the SD card? How? I can’t see them? Please help. Thank you.

Aight boss, if you'd searched a lil you would have found this out, but I digress...go here http://www.avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=17542 and download the file, extract, and store on the root of your SD card (and just FYI, you only need a 2 gb card for this so your 16 gb is severely overkill and Im not even sure its supported). Then put the SD card into your AVIC and turn your vehicle on, it will go to a white scree w/ green box. Hit the X up in the top corner. Go to Start -> Programs -> Windows Explorer. Tap on the My Flash Drive, go to edit hit copy, then click on Storage Card and go to edit hit Paste. It will take 10 minutes or so, but thats it your done.

Next time search first, or try this Thread for most hacks/mods... http://www.avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=18327