AVIC411.com

Please Eject and Insert the Correct Disc - Gps Module?

Long story short, finally got a faceplate for my headunit (N3+N1 hide), plugged everything back in, and the dreaded "Eject this disc and Please Insert the Correct Disc" message popped up (the three language one)

I assumed no big deal, stuck in the new 80 disc, it updated fine, but back to the error message.

Tried it more than a few times, didn't work. So, I fetched my 60 disk from my other nav unit (D1), forced the upgrade, and still no luck (same error), and I did follow the procedure outlined in the forums.

I know its not the laser, because the file explorer in the service menu can read the disks perfectly, and I did clean the laser as well.

Coming to the real problem I believe:

The service mode shows the GPS sofware as [NG], and I can not force an upgrade from either disk.

The GPS assesment (maybe, cant recall the name) shows the Dragon HW not connected, when it clearly is (the GPS module in the hideaway)

What concerns me, is the GPS module blown (as in, a new hideaway unit needed) or is it my headunit?

Namely, the fan in the hideaway is not on, and I can't recall if it should be or not.

I did test my data cable, have continuity between each corresponding pin, so the cable should be OK.

I just don't want to drop more money on something, when it is something else.

Any suggestions are appreciated,

Thanks!

Well, an update

Got another hideaway unit, same problem persists, so its most likely my head unit.

So now, I'm on the hunt for a new headunit, specifically just the mainboard, as my screen and drive work fine, but finding one is another story.

Unless (although I've searched and searched and searched) someone has any ideas on how to fix it?

Thanks!

Well, this has turned more into a one sided talk.

Now, the unit kept turning off about every 10 seconds, the fan would die - the solution was that Fuse 805 (FU805) was blown, jumped it and now the unit powers back on. It still does not fix my original issue, but atleast its not a total doorstop yet!