AVIC411.com

No "guide mode" after update

Hi all,

I've updated to the 2008 map disks and the update process seemed to work 100%, as I do have the new maps and everything seems to be working - except voice navigation.

For some reason I am now getting a 'purple' route, which means voice navigation is not available. Also, if I try to switch the map to 'guide view', which should show me the next turn, the option is greyed out.

NOW - for the weird part. If I route something outside of my city, it seems to work at the city limits. But anything inside the city it won't do any sort of navigation for me. This worked on the previous 2007 map disk. Any ideas???

• 5 weeks later...

I just figured this out this morning and multiple people are posting about the same issue. For some reason the disc doesn't include zoom levels closer than .5 miles. Try zooming out and see if it works. The guide mode won't work because it can't see any map data.

• 2 months later...
I just figured this out this morning and multiple people are posting about the same issue. For some reason the disc doesn't include zoom levels closer than .5 miles. Try zooming out and see if it works. The guide mode won't work because it can't see any map data.

Tried what you said and it did not work. As a side, the map data for my city is there, as in all the roads show up, so it's weird.

Here's the strange thing. I think Pioneer removed voice navigation for a bunch of smaller cities in Ontario. I drove to Markham the other day, and voice navigation worked 100% perfect. But when I drove back here to Northern Ontario, voice guide mode did not work, and would only announce when I got to my destination (ie: not giving me any turn-by-turn directions). I can tell this is the case for other cities because the roads show up as purple on the map screen.

SO WEIRD. I have e-mailed Pioneer about this issue but have not received a response as of yet.

Any suggestions would be helpful!

Alright folks. I tried yet again, burning the DVD with roxio at 2.4x with all of the validation and verification turned on and it worked correctly. If you are seeing the map as just a blue field with your pointer on it, it is almost certainly a bad burn. The units are VERY picky about it (I burned the same thing about 6 times before I got a good one). The unit isn't defective and there is nothing Pioneer will do about it. It's just a bad burned disc, as frustrating as that might be.

Alright folks. I tried yet again, burning the DVD with roxio at 2.4x with all of the validation and verification turned on and it worked correctly. If you are seeing the map as just a blue field with your pointer on it, it is almost certainly a bad burn. The units are VERY picky about it (I burned the same thing about 6 times before I got a good one). The unit isn't defective and there is nothing Pioneer will do about it. It's just a bad burned disc, as frustrating as that might be.

Wrong thread? lol.

Problem is, I am not seeing a blue field. I see all the roads but just don't have voice navigation. :P