AVIC411.com

TMC symbol display in map up to what scale?

Hi there,

I'm a newbie here and despite all reported problems I still think about buying a F900BT. I just have a detailled question which the Pioneer support couldn't answer (they answered within half an hour(!) just to say that they don't know and can't figure out - they advised me to go to a dealer and test by myself!!!): in the german manual it is written that TMC lines and symbols are no longer depicted in the map when displaying it in a large scale - but they simply don't write what a large scale means!

I read in the JVC NX7000 manual that they display it up to a scale of 2.5 km - but how is it for the Pioneer? I especially like that info on longer trips to see a bit ahead where is a traffic jam!

So I would appreciate if any of the users who observed when the symbols disappear could give me some info on that!

BTW: I'm very happy that I found this Forum - a lot of useful info - thanks guys!

I Think over 200KM you dont see anything from TMC anymore. So if you display a route from Frankfurt to Cologne you should at least see small Symbols, for shorter routes you see the Motorway in Red. The bad thing is you can't select TMC Messages which are on your route, you can only display them by distance from your current point. That means you have to scroll trough all the traffic messages which are in your urban area to get to that long jam on your route 50 kms ahead.

Again a Bug and they say this can't be fixed :evil:

rgds

Jörg