AVIC411.com

Installation in Florida!!

Well, I've flipped back and forth as much as a pancake over the last month as it relates to purchasing the F90BT; However, I've finally decided that I would like to move forward but ONLY if I could get it done with the bypass. I just wouldn't be interested in a unit without the bypass. So, this leads me to my question...

I live in Tampa, FL - does anyone know of a shop or person near me that is reasonably priced AND will do the bypass? Heck, I'd even drive a couple of hours if that meant I could get a good installation at a fair price.

Any of you fellow Floridians have some info that might help?

How22,

I live in Tampa, near USF. I installed my F Series myself, but I have used Divine Sounds (Dale Mabry and Waters Ave.) to do the audio for my last two cars. They will do the bypass if you ask them.

Divine Sounds

(813) 886-3100

8338 N Dale Mabry Highway

Tampa, FL 33614

Thanks for the info - good news is that you're right about the bypass but the cost of the install just about made me fall out of my chair. While the price may be in line with other shops, I just wasn't expecting it to be this much. The total cost that I was quoted was $455.

$15 Dash Kit

$100 Harness

$10 Antenna Adapter

$200 Radio

$50 Bluetooth

$50 Navigation

$30 XM Tuner

Bluetooth is built in to the F series, why is he charging you $50 for that?

He asked if bluetooth was built in to the unit and I said yes. However, I told him that I would need an external mic wired. Is $50 excessive for doing this? Also, I do need the mic don't I? One other question - is the mic included in the F90BT box? I haven't even opened the box yet.

Mutantblack - the install for the radio itself is $200.

Wow!

They have never charged me that much to install a headunit. It was usually $80-$120. Granted, I have never had them install a NAV headunit, but it's not that much extra work. You may want to call back and talk to someone else, those prices are really inflated.

Dash Kit - OK

Harness - Should be $30 tops

Antenna Adaptor - OK

Radio - This is just a ridiculous price.

Bluetooth - There's nothing to install

Navigation - I dont know what fair market value is for this

XM Tuner - seems fair (depending on where they have to mount it).

There are other shops in the area... BuzzOff (about 1/4 mile north) and theres another across the street from BuzzOff but I can't remember the name.

Those three are the only reputable ones I have had experience with.

You could always go big box (BestBuy, Circuit City, etc.)

How handy are you with electronics? What do you drive?

How22,

I live in Tampa, near USF. I installed my F Series myself, but I have used Divine Sounds (Dale Mabry and Waters Ave.) to do the audio for my last two cars. They will do the bypass if you ask them.

Divine Sounds

(813) 886-3100

Tampa, FL 33614

Thanks for the info - good news is that you're right about the bypass but the cost of the install just about made me fall out of my chair. While the price may be in line with other shops, I just wasn't expecting it to be this much. The total cost that I was quoted was $455.

$15 Dash Kit

$100 Harness

$10 Antenna Adapter

$200 Radio

$50 Bluetooth

$50 Navigation

$30 XM Tuner

Wow!

They have never charged me that much to install a headunit. It was usually $80-$120. Granted, I have never had them install a NAV headunit, but it's not that much extra work. You may want to call back and talk to someone else, those prices are really inflated.

Dash Kit - OK

Harness - Should be $30 tops

Antenna Adaptor - OK

Radio - This is just a ridiculous price.

Bluetooth - There's nothing to install

Navigation - I dont know what fair market value is for this

XM Tuner - seems fair (depending on where they have to mount it).

There are other shops in the area... BuzzOff (about 1/4 mile north) and theres another across the street from BuzzOff but I can't remember the name.

Those three are the only reputable ones I can speak to.

You could always go bix box (BestBuy, Circuit City, etc.)

How handy are you with electronics? What do you drive?

How22,

Divine Sounds

(813) 886-3100

Tampa, FL 33614

$15 Dash Kit

$100 Harness

$10 Antenna Adapter

$200 Radio

$50 Bluetooth

$50 Navigation

$30 XM Tuner

Thanks for your response and the info (which is very helpful). I'll check out some other shops and see if I can get the price down. If not, I'm going to have a hard time justifying spending over $400 just for installation.

The problem with going the Best Buy or Circuit City route is that I doubt they will do the bypass for me. As to whether I'm handy with electronics, unfortunately not really. I wish I had the confidence that I could do the job and do it well but I really don't. I don't mind at all investing the time but I want to make sure that the install goes smoothly.

I paid $40 for the kit, $15 for the harness, and $225 for the install/labor. Bypass included of course. However, I did buy my f90bt unit from him so he might have given me a break. If you do buy everything and have him just do the install/labor he might charge you more because you didn't buy it from him. Good luck.

I just had mine installed in gainesville for $100 with bypass.

www.m-rev.com Did a great job with no additional costs.

Good luck

I just got off the phone with them (very helpful I might add). The price quote I received was $249.85. Apparently the harness for a Chevy Equionox is pretty expensive ($100+). I was happy with that quote but then when I said I would want the steering wheel adapter (PAC SWI-PS) also installed I was quoted an additional $89.90, bringing the grand total to $338.75. Much better than the $455 quote I received yesterday but still costly.