AVIC411.com

Can not select Voice Language!

About a week ago, my 90bt went crazy and thought a rear camera was connected. I seemed to lose the TTS voice. I was not able to change from Jason, when I attempt it, Jason remains highlighted, and it freezes.

I thought the 2.0 update would resolve the issue, it did not.

I am able to change the language, but never the voice language. Everything else is working fine.

:?

About a week ago, my 90bt went crazy and thought a rear camera was connected. I seemed to lose the TTS voice. I was not able to change from Jason, when I attempt it, Jason remains highlighted, and it freezes.

I thought the 2.0 update would resolve the issue, it did not.

I am able to change the language, but never the voice language. Everything else is working fine.

:?

Can you switch the TTS language to the French or Spanish one? I have no other English voices to choose from other than Jason. I wish I could get a British version for my TTS instead of the US one! ;^P

I as well no longer have Samantha TTS after the 2.0 update but I also no longer have english text for menus. In an attempt to try and get my TTS voices back I switched to a different language in the hope that switching back to english would solve the problem. However now, it is stuck on any language other then english regardless as to weather I select Jason english or not. All menus are now in a foreign language that I dont understand. This update has now caused more problems then it has solved.

Ok I figured out how to fix this. As described in another thread, boot into test mode and and navigate to:myflashdisk/apl2/igo/content/voice and delete all of the TTS files already there. Then update your TTS voices as described on the Pioneer site. If you have the foreign language text issue as I had go to SETTINGS, NAVI SETTINGS and choose RESTORE FACTORY DEFAULTS. That gave me my english menus back.

• 1 month later...
Ok I figured out how to fix this. As described in another thread, boot into test mode and and navigate to:myflashdisk/apl2/igo/content/voice and delete all of the TTS files already there. Then update your TTS voices as described on the Pioneer site. If you have the foreign language text issue as I had go to SETTINGS, NAVI SETTINGS and choose RESTORE FACTORY DEFAULTS. That gave me my english menus back.

I also have this problem, but the program to boot in test mode works only with uk models. I have a european model. So is there a solution voor the european models?

:cry:

Wow,

I've been looking for a solution on this one for a month now. Exactly the same problem on a UK device. First the back camera enabled itself then couldn't enter the language menu. After a factory default restore I managed to get şnto language settings but as you said system froze with Voice option clicked.

I don't know how I've missed this information but thank you so much for posting this message. I'll have a go now.

Strange but it didn't work for me. I've booted in the test mode. deleted the tts files. Rebooted and the problem still exists. I haven't installed the TTS files yet as Pioneer's instructions but I highly doubt it will correct it. I wonder why it has worked for you but not for me. I'm using an updated map rather than the old Teleatlas 2007.10 map. Could this be the reason. And one other thing is the content of the mapdbinfo.txt file. Could you tell us what yours read. It can be found in APL2/Igo/Content

Many thanks.

Dear mwcdevries,

There is no European and UK seperate devices. EW is the code for all so if you really want to boot into the test mode(at your own risk) you need to change the content of the Mapdbinfo.txt file in the testmode files.

Change UC to EW and delete the files in the voice folder. Then you'll be able to boot into the test mode. But as I said things went wrong for me afterwords so think twice if you'd like to do it.

Finally Solved it.

Here's the solution:

LANGUAGE FATAL ERROR: If you get a fatal error message and a reboot in entering the language settings, doing a "factory setting recall" on settings/navi settings will enable you to go into language settings with no problem

CAN'T CHANGE VOICE LANGUAGE: If your system freezes when trying to change the voice, boot into testmode go to Myflasdisk/user/userdata/setup and delete all 5 files there.

When you reboot, the system will ask you your language preferences as if you installed the machine for the first time. Choose the ones you like and the system will start up as normal. You' should not have the freeze problem again. You may see in igo that it shows another region or country when done this move. Just go into destination/adresses and change the country and city to your preference and you have a brand spanking new and full working system.

• 7 months later...