AVIC411.com

question about data.zip file

hey everyone does anyone know if using the previous 2.0 data .zip will slow down the system again? because i had some mods done before that i would like to have back .

also if it does change can some on please inform me were the post was for the adding a delete button for the route on the map screen? i have been looking for this for about an hour now and havent found it:( if it helps i beleive the user stephanie created it

You want to know if you can use the data.zip file you were using for V1.1700 on version 2.0. So far it appears that you can't without any adverse effects. The data.zip file only controls certain aspects of the nav segment of the system. To my knowledge, no one has done a difference comparison between the two zips though, so there is a chance some significant changes were made in the new data.zip file that will be removed if you use your old file.

If you absolutely can't live without the mods, go ahead and load your old zip on the system, it will work just fine. Then when someone updates the new data.zip that was distributed with firmware 2.0 you can load that one.

I'm going to move this to the hacks/mods forum, because that's where it belongs.

hey everyone does anyone know if using the previous 2.0 data .zip will slow down the system again? because i had some mods done before that i would like to have back .

also if it does change can some on please inform me were the post was for the adding a delete button for the route on the map screen? i have been looking for this for about an hour now and havent found it:( if it helps i beleive the user stephanie created it

Dont apply your old data.zip to the new firmware. It will cause problems. I tried this and had to restore the original 2.0 data.zip and re-edit all my hacks. Answer to your second question is at the link below, seventh post down.

http://avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php? ... c&start=90