AVIC411.com

IPhone w/ f700bt or f900bt.. any issues with firmware 2.0

*yes i searched*

I had a customer ask me a few questions about compatibility with the iphone and the new f series navi units. He wants it to sync up for bluetooth purposes & audio listening as well. He wanted to know if it will allow him to sync up with bluetooth to the unit and never have to touch his phone. I read where the 1st gen iphone and the older firmware didn't have any issues. What about with the new 2.0 firmware on the iphone and the pioneer unit.

Also if he has the ipod cable for it which is that 230v I think.. with the usb and a/v cables.. can he have it plugged in to charge and control ipod features through the touch screen? And if he does what happens when he gets a phone call?

ONE MORE THING.. please don't stab me..

I've had an issue with a customer tell me his usb drive will not load when he turns his car on if the usb drive is plugged in. He's tried 2 different units.. with both firmware versions.. and different flash drives. But if the usb is removed then plugged back in then it loads up.

Sorry for the long post and probably annoying questions but I DID search. Just didn't find what I was looking for.

Thanks,

Cody

The iPhone is essentially fully compatible with the F-Series (with any firmware version). You can pair them one time and then place or receive calls from the F-Series. You can transfer the phonebook to the F-Series to have all of your contacts available. It does not read SMS messages like S60 based phones do, so you'll need to look at the phone if you get an SMS.

If you're using the iPod portion of the iPhone, when a call comes in the must fades out and mutes, and the phone rings through the speakers. Answer the call, talk, and then hang up. When you do, the music fades back in where it was. It's a pretty good system from a functionality standpoint, although it does have some minor execution issues (nothing major).

Why not have your customer plug his iPhone into the F-Series on your display board to play around with it.

The USB issue is a know bug, and currently there's no fix for it.